Maritime Autonomous Systems Engineer
Greenroom’s Maritime Autonomous Systems Engineers are responsible for providing operational and technical guidance and support for AUV, ROV, ASV, and related systems. This onshore role includes systems thinking to solve complex abstract problems, and pragmatic problem solving to achieve successful mission outcomes.
You are quietly confident in your technical abilities, but recognise that communication and interpersonal skills are critical for progressing complex robotic systems. Our most successful systems engineers are natural collaborators and will interact with a range of stakeholders at every turn, comfortably acting the protagonist or taking the lead as needed to successfully generate and demonstrate cutting-edge capabilities. This is a dynamic role, with opportunity for the right person to make their mark in a rapidly evolving sector.
Rates, Location and Benefits:
Greenroom is pleased to offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Leave (annual): 4 weeks
- Location: Fremantle, Western Australia
- Start date: Prior to 9 Jan 2023
Duties will vary depending on project priorities, but the following duties are indicative of an MAS Engineer:
- Provide advanced advice relating to RAS & AI systems, data, and sensors.
- Develop SOP and management frameworks based on your insights, experiences and expertise.
- Bring unique perspective to a highly functioning development team to solve incredibly complex system engineering challenges.
- Communicate risks, challenges, and capabilities with a range of stakeholders.
- Support operational team with technical advice and considerations through system preparations, tests, trials, and deployments.
- Assist with managing MAS assets for testing, customer operations, and demonstrations including creating an asset management framework, testing maintenance procedures, and managing the systems spares.
- Assist with managing data, equipment, people, logistics, and services required to support operations; including interfacing with vessel service providers, and maintaining facilities and tools required to support operations.
Experience and Qualifications
The following is required:
2+ years experience with complex maritime technologies Bachelor level engineering degree, where one of these disciplines is preferred:
- Programming and software development.
- Cyber security and data management.
- Test & Evaluation.
- Technical writing and capability development.
- Processing sonar, hydrographic, and oceanographic data.
- Familiarity with existing and emerging survey technologies and robotic systems.
Desirable Qualifications and Certificates:
- Masters level Engineering or Systems Engineering degree.
- Qualifications related to data management or cyber security.
- Qualifications related to AUV operations.
- Qualifications related to Maritime Navigation (e.g. Coxswain or Masters less than 24m Near Coastal).
Please note this position is Permanent Residents and Australian citizens as you may need to attain an AGSVA security clearance.
Would this job suit you?
If you share our mission, and you are driven to solve complex real world problems with a team of like minded experts, please reach out to the greenroom team with your CV. We'd love to hear from you.